Friday, March 25, 2011

What it's like to Work in a Medical Clinic in Peru!

We recently sent two girls, Kelly and Kari, to Cusco, Peru, to intern in a medical clinic. The girls were both hoping to learn Spanish, gain some medical skills and learn more about the healthcare system in Peru.

Kelly Field described her experience by saying: "This is how I felt on the entire trip! Free, happy, and ready to start my new career as Physician Assistant. Machu Picchu was amazing!"


Kari also describer what she loved most about the program: "I really enjoyed working in the clinic and interacting with patients from the rural Peruvian villages. I loved getting to hear them speak their native language and feeling that my presence made a difference in their medical treatment."

Check back later for more photos from their internship in the medical clinic!

No comments:

Post a Comment